Chrysler Staff Counsel - Product Litigation Job in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Come join our Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) NAFTA Legal Team where we are committed to partnering with our internal clients, and external counsel to effectively manage complex legal matters. Be a part of a team filled with collaborative, resourceful and determined lawyers who play a vital role in our product liability and litigation management activities.
We are looking for lawyers to join our Product Litigation team. These positions are primarily responsible for managing automotive product liability matters nationwide in coordination with outside counsel. Successful candidates are those who thrive in a fast-paced environment, deliver as a way of life and are inspired to make a positive impact. We offer a team-oriented environment where lawyers have the chance to grow and develop their legal skills.
Job responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Manage a case load of litigation cases (including strategy development, investigation, witness preparation, trial and hearing preparation)
- Work with outside counsel to effectively manage caseload
- Interact with internal subject matter experts (e.g., Engineering, Vehicle Safety & Regulatory Compliance, etc.) to obtain all background information, and relevant facts and data
- A Juris Doctor degree with a strong academic background
- A minimum of 3 years' litigation experience
- Admitted to practice law in Michigan or able to gain admission
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or technical field
- Solid understanding and experience in product liability matters
- Law Firm experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse cross functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to critical deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of inclusion and teamwork
FCA US is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Job Number: 1028728
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Date Posted: 7-13-2017