Amazon.com Senior Corporate Counsel – AWS Amazon China in Beijing, China
Job location: Beijing
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented lawyer to be based in Beijing and lead the Legal support for Amazon Web Services in China. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more.
This position will primarily support AWS's Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams, in addition to product development initiatives and support for AWS China operations. Key among the responsibilities for this role will be negotiating strategic technology agreements and supporting marketing and business development initiatives in China. The candidate will have primary transactional drafting and negotiation responsibilities on deals, and provide ongoing legal counsel and contract interpretation for senior executives and other business team members. The candidate also will be expected to participate in other Amazon legal projects and support other international priorities, including the administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. A strong background in technology industry is a plus.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
· Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from a leading university and law school.
· Licensed to practice law in China and/or the US, UK or other common law jurisdiction.
· The ideal candidate will have a strong transactional and technology licensing experience, as well in-depth understanding of Chinese law and practices.
· A minimum of 12+ years of legal experience (with several years of experience at a leading global law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation) and with management experience.
· The successful candidate must be mature, enthusiastic, fast learning, self-motivated, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· Excellent drafting and negotiation skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin).
· Familiar with IT infrastructure and telecommunications
· In-house experience at a technology or internet company
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 473545
External Company URL: www.amazon.com