State Street Counsel, Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
A Counsel will generally have at least three years of experience as an attorney, preferably in the financial services industry. A Counsel will have significant responsibility for providing legal services to, and resolution of legal issues for, one or several clients with routine legal issues. A Counsel must demonstrate an ability to work with general direction from more senior attorneys on complex clients and possibly work independently on less complex clients. In addition, a Counsel must demonstrate a good working knowledge of the 1940 Act.
The following are specific responsibilities of a Counsel:
Responsible for keeping current with legal developments.
Prepares and supervises the preparation of materials for Board and shareholder meetings and may attend meetings, record minutes of meetings and pursue issues raised at meetings.
Prepares and manages the preparation of, and coordinates the filing of, all non-financial documents requiring filing under the federal securities laws.
Spots issues relating to clients, researches solutions and coordinates with more senior attorney to resolve issues.
Demonstrates high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Has highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Works collegially with other department members and is respectful of other department members.
- Possesses strong time management skills.
- Handles multiple tasks and multiple priorities for various clients.
- Identifies available resources and utilizes them effectively.
- Works collegially with general direction from a more senior attorney or independently on less complex clients.
- Establishes close working relationships with clients and provides excellent service to clients.
- Has a good working knowledge of relevant statutes and rules, and applies them effectively to particular clients.
- Capable of independent analysis and issue identification.
- Exercises considerable sound business and legal judgment.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and independent follow through on issues and tasks.
- Capable of producing high quality routine work with general to minimal supervision.
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Counsel, Vice President
Job ID: 170765
Full/Part Time: Full FTE