Army National Guard Units (Title 32) ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER in Camp J T Robinson, Arkansas
About the Agency
This National Guard position is for a ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, Position Description Number D1174000 and is part of the AR ARNG DEP STATE SURGEON, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
*Position is Indefinite - based upon availability of funds and an annual verification of need by the Commander with approval from the Human Resources Office.*
As a ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, GS-0341-11, you will (1) Plans and assigns work to be accomplished through subordinates engaged in a variety of occupations. Makes assignments based on priorities, degree of difficulty, and requirements of the assignment. Prepares requests for filling vacancies to meet workload requirements. Participates in the selection of subordinates from lists of eligible applicants. Reviews and/or recommends appointment, promotion or reassignment of employees. Establishes and/or approves performance standards. Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Recommends recognition for outstanding performance. Initiates or recommends corrective actions for sub-standard performance. Assists employees in reaching performance goals. Informs subordinates of agency policies and programs. Hears complaints and grievances from employees. Resolves problems informally and/or makes recommendations for resolution to appropriate officials. Identifies developmental and training needs of employees and provides or procures training. Approves and/or disapproves leave requests.
(2) Conducts reviews of command policies, activities and programs to ensure subordinate units are effectively and efficiently progressing toward the desired readiness status. Assists in creating and/or changing command policies and procedures. Develops instructions for implementation by staff sections, technicians and subordinate elements. Keeps abreast with new policy statements, regulations and directives issued by higher headquarters.
(3) Develops, implements and evaluates the administrative, personnel and supply policy for the battalion. Is the primary advisor for the command in the areas of legal, medical, and personnel actions. Provides technical assistance and guidance to unit level administrative and logistical personnel. Provides oversight for and consolidates unit level feeder reports. Analyzes and/or prepares the personnel reporting areas of the battalion/squadron level organizational readiness report. Reviews legal documentation and provides recommendations for appropriate actions and/or forwarding to higher headquarters.
(4) Ensures compliance with the Command Supply Discipline Program and Command Maintenance Discipline Program. Assists in the preparation for and executes additional command level inspections in the area of logistics and maintenance. Executes and/or oversees the duties of the Property Book Officer (PBO).
(5) Provides guidance and funds management for all decentralized logistic funds. These may include secondary stock funds, office supply accounts, transportation funding, and various classes of supply. Serves as the approving official for IMPAC expenditures.
(6) Coordinates and assists in developing plans for recruiting and retention within the command. Analyzes the personnel portion of the organizational readiness report to determine critical needs and priorities for the strength management program. Provides guidance to staff officers, commanders and full time employees in policy and procedure changes concerning areas of strength management.
(7) Keeps abreast and ensures the implementation of new policy statements, regulations and directives issued by higher headquarters concerning administrative, supply and personnel activities. Provides guidance and assistance to ensure command programs have been implemented and evaluates their effectiveness in subordinate elements.
(8) Makes day-to-day decisions for the commander in the areas of personnel and equipment assignments. Investigates and recommends, as directed, appropriate action on incidents such as property loss or complaints involving the units or assigned members. Coordinates and ensures the completion of line of duty (LOD) investigations, reports of survey, change of command inventories etc.
(9) May be required to represent the National Guard and the Commander in the community. Provides support for community activities such as parades, celebrations, military funerals, etc Coordinates with civic organizations and school officials for such things as communities support projects, natural disaster or civil disturbance planning.
(10) Reviews reports and plans pertaining to the overall organization's mobilization readiness. May supervise the execution of the mobilization of individuals or sub elements of the command for the purpose of state or federal missions. Reviews the organization's unit readiness report.
(11) Ensures the National Guard armories and other facilities in the command are properly utilized and cared for. Arranges with state ARNG officials for repair, upkeep, and custodial services for the facilities.
(12) Performs other duties as assigned.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All Members of the Arkansas Army National Guard
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS*:* Experience, education or training in managing or directing, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations. Supervisory, managerial, professional or technical work experience and/or training which has provided knowledge of management principles, practices, methods and techniques. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Must have at least 36 months experience, education or training analyzing problems, identifying significant factors, gathering pertinent data and recognizing solutions. Experience preparing reports, plans, policies and various correspondence. Experience evaluating objectives and develop plans to facilitate the availability and effective utilization of various resources. Experience utilizing the organization, its mission and the organizational staff procedures. Experience using quantitative and qualitative techniques for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of administrative and technical programs. Experience developing the mission and work processes of programs throughout the military organization and multi level agencies. Experience in analytical and investigative techniques.
PLACEMENT FACTORS: Applicants should demonstrate through prior experience, education and training the following: (1) Ability to administer the training programs of the unit. (2) Ability to operate computers and computer programs of the unit. (3) Knowledge of the Army filing system and various references and handbooks to clarify, search for and/or dispose of correspondence and various reference materials. (4) Knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel management. (5) Ability to coordinate and direct the work of others. (6) Knowledge of military training and readiness procedures. (7) Completion of leadership and/or managerial training.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grade Requirement:
Minimum Military Grade: 2nd Lt (O-1)
* Maximum Military Grade:* MAJ(O-4)
Compatible Military Assignment: Selectee must be a member of the Arkansas Army National Guard and be assigned to a compatible military position. Officer Branch is immaterial.
IMPORTANT NOTES (AS APPLICABLE): Upon selection for this position, individual must possess or initiate a Secret Security clearance background investigation. A favorable determination based upon investigative results is mandatory for this position. Failure to meet these requirements will result in termination of employment. A pre-placement physical is required if not already current. Upon selection, must complete mandatory Full-Time Support (FTS) Training at the Professional Education Center (PEC) within six months of assignment (if applicable, training will be coordinated by the supervisor). Individual must meet all military requirements of the position without creating a grade inversion, as determined by the Human Resources Office (HRO). Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (Grade Inversion).
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
What To Expect Next
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Review our benefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474478500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-14 to 2017-07-31
Salary: $60,210 to $78,270 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Series: 0341 Administrative Officer
Appointment type: Indefinite
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: AR-10019487-AR-17-036
Control number: 474478500