Tenet Healthcare Senior Managing Counsel, Frisco, TX in Frisco, Texas
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management at http://coniferhealth.com/revenue-cycle.html , patient communication at http://coniferhealth.com/patient-communications.html s, and value-based care at http://coniferhealth.com/valuebasedcare.html solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for a Sr. Managing Counsel.
The position provides attorney support of client and supplier contracting activity across Conifer’s business units, including complex outsourcing services agreements for Hospital Revenue Cycle Management (“HRCM”). The position works closely with the Contracting department and consults with internal constituents regarding negotiating positions, contract drafting, deal models and legal risk mitigation. The position interprets contracts, assesses contractual risks and handles pre-litigation contract disputes.
The position provides legal support to company leadership and the Strategy Department in sophisticated transactions such as joint ventures, investments and business acquisitions. The position oversees general corporate legal matters, such subsidiary governance and corporate approvals. The position supports parent company public company filing activity as it relates to Conifer.
The position routinely consults on a variety of legal matters with executive leadership, various business units and operating groups, and other support services groups. The position will engage and manage outside counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
· Transaction and contract negotiation, interpretation and enforcement support of HRCM and other business units
· Strategic transactions
· General corporate matters, including public filing activity
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports 1 Paralegal, 1 Sr. Counsel
Indirect Reports 1 Paralegal, 1 Sr. Administrative Assistant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Significant legal experience as lead legal counsel in complex transactions, including negotiating and documenting outsourcing, vendor and supplier arrangements and M&A transactions, with experience in healthcare industry revenue cycle transactions preferred.
· Thorough understanding of contract and corporate law, with healthcare regulatory and large law firm experience preferred.
· Strong customer and client service orientation; be highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
· Team player with demonstrated leadership ability.
· Self-motivated with ability to work independently in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent research, analytical and computer skills (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside counsel, as well as with external top level executives.
· Sound judgment and discretion.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
· Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA-accredited law school, superior academic credentials.
· 10 years of experience as lead legal counsel in complex transactions.
Include minimum certification required to perform the job.
· Active license to practice law in one U.S. state.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office Work Environment
· Approximately 1% travel may be required.
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Organization: 238-Conifer - Frisco, TX
Title: Senior Managing Counsel, Frisco, TX
Requisition ID: 1705029163