Castleton Commodities International LLC E&P Corporate Paralegal in Houston, Texas
Castleton Resources LLC is hiring a Corporate Paralegal in their Houston office. Castleton Resources is a Haynesville focused E&P; company owned by Castleton Commodities International LLC and Tokyo Gas America. The Castleton Resources team has been active in the past two years, acquiring over $1.0 billion in upstream assets in four separate transactions. Castleton Resources has an active Haynesville drilling and development program and is looking to grow through further acquisitions. The ideal candidate has prior experience working at an independent E&P; company supporting the Corporate Secretary and Operations/ Business Development teams. This is an ideal position for candidates looking to work in an entrepreneurial, small team environment for a growing business.
Primary responsibilities will include assisting the General Counsel of Castleton Resources and working on the following types of activities.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of materials for Board meetings, filing and maintaining corporate organizational documents, resolutions and minutes
- Assist with legal entity management, including creating entities
- Contract review and coordination in support of active drilling program (sometimes under tight deadlines). Heavy emphasis on Master Service Agreements relating to oilfield services.
- Proofread and revise legal documents
- Organize and maintain legal files (both electronic and physical)
- Provide administrative and general support
- 7-10 years of experience in an oil and gas legal environment (upstream operator preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree. Paralegal Certification is a plus
- Strong corporate secretary skills; e.g., board minutes, resolutions and record keeping
- Experience withMaster Service Agreements relating to oilfield services
- Private equity company/portfolio experience is a plus
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite - Word, Excel, Power Point
Job Locations: US-TX-Houston
Category: Legal & Compliance
Type: Regular Full-Time