CoreLogic Professional, Corporate Counsel in Irving, Texas
Posting Job Summary
Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must — and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
The role of Professional, Corporate Counsel will be a member of a world-class Legal Team, operating within a fast-paced data licensing and commercial coverage practice supporting our data and analytics business and other commercial legal work. This role will function as a transactional attorney with a focus on drafting and review of licensing agreements. Key responsibilities include providing sound judgment and advice on material matters pertaining to our global business data licensing strategies, while demonstrating the ability to support strategic initiatives for the organization by driving and executing with a hands-on, consultative approach. This role will consult and collaborate closely with leaders across the organization, providing legal expertise and organizational perspective to ensure alignment to the company’s goals, culture, core values and future organizational requirements. This position will report to the Deputy General Counsel and will be located in Irvine, California or Irving, Texas (in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area).
Posting Job Description
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts, data and software licensing agreements, and related legal documents on behalf of the enterprise; actively engage with customers, vendors, resellers and other third parties; identify and mitigate company risk.
- Research legal issues, provide legal guidance and practical recommendations to business leaders and internal clients for review and action.
- Apply solid understanding of key laws, regulations and legal principles relevant to day-to-day work.
- Conduct negotiations with third parties using data, secondary research materials and outside counsel to provide well-reasoned, logical arguments.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the business lines, across the legal team and with client relations to effectively understand organizational needs, capabilities and effectively complete various legal tasks.
- Develop strong partnerships with the various business lines while representing the best interests of CoreLogic.
- Remain up-to-date with current legal risks to value potential or emerging business risks faced by the company.
- Assist in the maintenance, update and revision of contract template agreements, as well as, review and integration of customer/ third-party contracts of acquired companies.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve the company’s processes, procedures and practices; provide recommendations to the leadership team to optimize and implement contract processes and standards.
- Review and analyze legislation for impacts to lines of business/ operations. Maintain working knowledge of industry developments and trends, as well as, best-practices for assigned domain.
Posting Job Requirements
*Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills *
- Bachelor’s degree required. JD degree and bar membership in the State of CA or ability to register as in-house counsel. Additional theoretical/ academic preparation in contract law is highly desirable.
- 0 - 3 years private practice in a law firm, legal department or similar experience.
- 0 - 3 years of experience with high volume contracting in a corporate environment to include experience with data/ software licensing.
- Possess a strong understanding of key laws, regulations and legal principles.
- Solid and efficient drafting skills with knowledge of standard contracting administration procedures, concepts, principles and methods.
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate across the organization.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills; ability to influence without authority.
- Consultative and collaborative style; ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Strong analytical skills; solid decision making capabilities coupled with the ability to analyze situations and provide practical recommendations. Sound judgment.
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to anticipate questions or alternate outcomes to incorporate into resulting recommendations.
- Results oriented; effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to prioritize conflicting demands, organize time and resources to deliver consistent results for the business and bring assignments to successful completion.
- High quality orientation; strong attention to detail. Process-minded.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, lead by influence, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- High degree of business acumen; strong technical aptitude; proficiency with Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel, up to 10% of the time as required.
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
Auto req ID: 11218BR
Posting Title: Professional, Corporate Counsel
Business Segment: Corporate Shared Services
Position Type: Full Time
Country: United States
% Travel Involved: Less than 10%