Jackson County Missouri Legal Counsel in Kansas City, Missouri
- Responsible for all aspects of legal consultation, analysis and representation of the Public Administrator in her capacity as fiduciary in minors', decedents' and guardianship/conservatorship estates (currently approximately 1200 estates), including instruction and supervision of other staff as they complete components of fiduciary's responsibility.
- Staff attorneys maintain approximately 80 active cases each for which they have primary responsibility for resolution of non-routine legal issues, plus day to day supervision of and responding to questions on hundreds of other estates as legal issues arise in estate administration.
- Questions come from bookkeepers, legal assistant, settlement clerk, real and personal property manager, case managers, asset search personnel and benefits employees.
- Must have Juris Doctor degree and be licensed to practice law in the State of Missouri.
- Must submit to/pass pre-employment drug screen/background check.
Department: Public Administrator
Salary: $37,776 - $58,550/year