Aon Corporation Legal Advisor - 12 months fixed term contract in London, United Kingdom
Aon Hewitt are currently recruiting a Legal Advisor to join our team in London. The Legal Advisor will be primarily responsible for reviewing, identifying and advising on key legal and risk matters relating to the effective implementation and running of the various pension products that Aon is developing in the UK and in Europe. Such products include Master Trust, GPP, IORP and other such pension products.
The role will get exposure to a range of legal matters that will vary in complexity and is a great opportunity to work closely to the business on strategic projects.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Legal Advisor some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Legal project work relating to the establishment new pension products;
- Providing guidance to the business in respect of the new pension products and identifying risks;
- Negotiation of standard form documentation such as investment management agreements and consulting agreements;
- Drafting and negotiation of bespoke legal documentation to facilitate the delivery of the new products with service providers;
- Reviewing product specifications and other business documentation from a legal perspective;
- assisting with the legal requirements of a pensions business that is growing from a significant base in the UK into a number of different European jurisdictions;
- working with external counsel in order to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations; and working with the Aon Hewitt central regulatory compliance function.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Legal Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Qualified lawyer (whether in the UK or abroad) or equivalent.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Strong drafting and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Self-starter and enthusiasm to learn about new areas.
- Flexibility and initiative.
- Conscientiousness and attention to detail.
- Logical and enquiring mind.
- Credible and respected.
- Ability to gain confidence from seniors and peers.
- Influence, persuade and negotiate.
- Good experience in a regulatory investment environment.
- Previous Pensions experience is not a prerequisite as the Lawyer will not be expected to provide technical pensions advice, however knowledge of DC Pensions would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in supporting new product development would also be helpful.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.
Job number: 2435764
Category: Legal & Compliance
Location: United Kingdom, London