Cornerstone onDemand Legal Counsel (London, UK) in London, United States
We're looking for a
Legal Counsel (London, UK)
In this role you will...
- Draft and negotiate software license agreements and various other contracts.
- Collaborate and strategize with business executives and sales managers on deal structure and approach.
- Monitor and ensure compliance by international subsidiaries and branches with applicable law.
- Review marketing materials and other publications to ensure legal compliance in a variety of areas, among them data privacy and employment.
- Participate in corporate transactions.
- Proactively manage and prevent disputes.
- Provide counsel to all departments and levels of the business in multiple countries.
- Coordinate and manage outside counsel around the world.
Work closely with General Counsel to manage the legal and corporate affairs of the company.
Be able to cover ad-hoc legal queries and provide succinct advice to the business on contractual disputes and interpretation as well as be able to deal with a variety of legal issues including corporate law, regulatory matters and IT and technology matters.
You’ve got what it takes if you...
- Are a qualified Solicitor in England and Wales with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Law
- Have a background of working within the Software Industry (SAAS would be a strong advantage)
- Have extensive professional experience in Commercial Law
- Are fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages, especially Spanish, is a benefit)
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We are not a typical tech company (paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organisations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by more than 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on,,, and!
Send to a Friend
Email this Job Ad to your friend(s) by adding their email address(es) along with your details to the field below:
*Separate each recipient email address with a comma.
Recipient email address(es):
Your First Name:
Your Last Name:
Select which language the email should be sent in.
Not sure which position to apply for?Cornerstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.