U.S. Bank U.S. Bank Regulatory Attorney - Washington, D.C. or Minneapolis, MN (800 Nicollet Mall) in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
U.S. Bank is seeking a bank regulatory attorney to join its Legal Regulatory Group (LRG) within the Law Division. The attorney will provide legal support on a wide range of financial services regulations and LRG’s regulatory change management function.
Candidates should have a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience, with a strong knowledge of banking and consumer laws and regulations. Experience or working knowledge of securities laws and regulations, including the Investment Adviser Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934, is a plus.
This position will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing regulatory developments and initiatives affecting U.S. Bancorp’s platform, developing enterprise-wide legal regulatory policies, advising affected business lines and other members of the Law Division, and providing legal interpretation regarding bank regulations, as appropriate. The candidate will also assist in coordinating U.S. Bancorp’s participation in the various trade associations of which the bank is a member and the bank’s overall regulatory policy and advocacy efforts.
• Juris Doctor from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials;
• Licensed to practice law and in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction;
• A minimum of 8 to 10 years of legal experience at a law firm, in-house legal department of a financial institution, bank regulatory agency or self-regulatory organization;
• U.S. bank regulatory, securities or corporate background;
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
• Strong commitment to client service, and
• Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170021540
Other Locations: District of Columbia-DC-Washington
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.