Google Associate Corporate Counsel, Google Access in Mountain View, California
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
Access provides ultra high-speed internet and television services directly to consumers’ homes. You will provide creative and proactive legal guidance. You will be expected to support a variety of general commercial matters, negotiations, disputes and transactions. You must have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to contribute to a constantly evolving business.
You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers all over the country. As an integral part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on agreements and services that will not only move U.S. broadband services into the 21st century, but will move broadband law forward as well.
You are proactive and highly organized. You are data driven, basing your point of view and argument in fact, backed up by supporting documentation and robust data. You are quickly able to internalize new information systematically, incorporating it into your strategy in real-time and adjusting your approach accordingly. In addition, you are comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced, small and growing environment, and working across the organization with the business, customer service, engineering, finance, people operations, and senior leadership teams. You'll take lead on special projects, manage client relationships and present your recommendations to senior Access leadership.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements, and manage these agreements to comply with company policies and risk tolerance preferences.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from the expansion, sales, build and marketing organizations, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise the business, as well as cross-functional stakeholders, on the legal issues and risks, approval processes, policies and procedures, and IP and business strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes. Organize and lead cross-functional teams in fact finding, negotiations, strategy and dispute resolution procedures.
- JD degree
- 3 years of experience in commercial or contract law, on the agreement front or in litigation.
- Admitted to the bar in which the role is located and in good standing, or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the role is located.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in structuring commercial transactions. Extensive background in drafting services agreements and sales contracts.
- Experience working with senior management and ability to work well with company personnel at all levels. Ability to learn and gain expertise in new areas of legal specialization as the company's needs change.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others through appropriate influencing and negotiation strategies, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, including within formal dispute resolution procedures.
- Strong ability to handle multiple complex demands with a sense of urgency, drive and enthusiasm. Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.