HSBC Transaction Manager in New York, New York
The jobholder will work as part of a team dedicated to the review and negotiation of documentation related to loan and project finance transactions. Liaise with external counsel and internal group legal and/or compliance where required, working with client services and operations to ensure accurate on boarding of transaction. Once on boarded the job holder will perform various roles including facility agent, collateral agent, security trustee, paying agent, etc under syndicated loan facilities and project finance transactions. This will include managing client waiver or amendment requests with syndicate lenders; liaising with external lawyers on post completion tasks; liaising with internal Group Legal where required; attending bank meetings and client presentations; limited Security Agent role (collateral monitoring); and managing on-going non-operational aspects of these facilities.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
* The jobholder will be expected to take responsibility for its assigned workload while at the same time being able to escalate issues where appropriate.
* The jobholder will be responsible for the negotiation of transaction documents and have the ability to bind CTLA to contractual duties; good risk management and negotiation skills, an eye for details and good ability to anticipate issues are therefore essential. * The jobholder will be expected to respond promptly (ideally within 24 hours) to any request for comments or queries from clients (internal and external) and promote CTLA to our internal stakeholder colleagues. * The jobholder will also be expected to develop less senior CTLA staff through training and sharing of knowledge therefore a strong team player attitude is expected. * The jobholder is responsible for the management of non-operational aspects of the roles under all on boarded loan facilities and project finance transactions, primarily supporting the syndicated loan activities of HBUS * The jobholder will be dealing with various product types, including: corporate loans; leveraged loans; project and export finance * On-going support of the transactions will include (but not limited to): dealing with individual ad-hoc lender requests; liaison with syndicate lenders and clients on syndicate-wide issues; liaison with external lawyers where required; attend bank meetings or conference calls; and attend client presentations. * The jobholder will be required to deal with waiver and amendment requests received from clients (as well as any default situations). This will involve co-ordination with the syndicate lenders and client, and liaison with external lawyers where required. The scope of each request should be assessed in consultation with the team head or senior manager, and a work fee agreed with the client where applicable. The process should be carried out in accordance with LSTA guidelines. * Provide advice and guidance for Loan Agency Operations where required * Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Decision-Making Responsibility:
- The job holder must demonstrate a clear awareness of the operational and reputational risk scenarios associated with the role and proactively minimize bank exposure to risk
- The jobholder is expected to perform a professional and proactive review and negotiation of a portfolio of complex transactions, co-ordinating with external counsel, internal Group Legal and client services teams where appropriate. A good understanding of our operational capacities, legal issues, reputation risks and an ability to identify areas of possible problems is required, to ensure CTLA does not sign up to duties it cannot perform.
Workload volume is generally fluctuating, but can result in significant pressure on the jobholder’s time management. A flexible approach is required at all times. Management of Risk
Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand. Observation of Internal Controls
Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
A strong understanding of the US Loan Market
- Client focussed.
- Good communicator, both written and verbally.
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Some previous credit experience and understanding of banking operations is desirable
- Demonstrated Syndicated loans, Project and Export finance and Account Bank exposure.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively
- Strong time management and negotiation skills
- Proactive and flexible attitude
5 years minimum experience in the Corporate Trust business.
Title: Transaction Manager
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 00009W8J