Cisco Legal Intern - Australia in North Sydney, Australia
Legal Intern - Australia
Location: North Sydney, NSW, Australia
Area of Interest Legal
Job Type Intern
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1214396
Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Cisco Legal is a global, multidisciplinary team of attorneys and legal professionals. The legal group works closely across all aspects of Cisco to provide well-documented legal solutions, helping the company build innovative, exceptional technologies for customers worldwide. You will have an opportunity to gain a great deal of exposure and experience in the legal field, while also engaging in the use of new, innovative technologies.
What You’ll Do
● Work on a broad array of cutting-edge legal issues and technology trends
● Gain experience in a wide variety of practice areas while supporting our internal client base by providing legal and business guidance to our internal clients
● Drive projects designed to enhance the department’s ability to carry out our mission of providing excellent client service while enabling the business to develop and sell our products in a legally appropriate manner
● Obtain practical in-house experience that will leave you better equipped to compete in today’s challenging legal environment
● Benefit from exposure to a department widely viewed as a thought leader in the evolution of the legal practice
● Gain a better understanding of the client perspective
● Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Law or a related field
● Detail oriented, creative, articulate, personable, and self-confident with good interpersonal, organization, researching, and communication skills
● Good customer skills along with proficiency in MS Office applications and familiarity with common web tools
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.