Thomson Reuters Corporate & Litigation Services Representative in Ontario, Canada
Date Posted:July 10, 2017
Department:Corporate and Litigation Practice Support Services
Location:333 Bay St., Toronto and 11 Cidermill Ave., Concord
Corporate & Litigation Services Representative
Purpose: As a Corporate & Litigation Services Representative , you will be responsible for: providing corporate practice support solutions – searching and registering of records and records maintenance; providing litigation practice support solutions related to court filings, service of process and document acquisition; dealing directly with all customer inquiries and systems troubleshooting; and systems testing; documenting new product requirements or product enhancements.
*This position is responsible for:
- dealing directly with all customer inquiries that originate via telephone, electronically, or face to face for both the litigation and corporate departments;
- following the escalation process with the business development team to resolve system issues in order to troubleshoot clients’ issues;
- on-boarding new clients from initial set-up to first transaction;
- maintaining documentation of customer inquiries and responses in order to analyze customer ordering behaviours;
- fulfilling clients’ requests relating to entity management, due-diligence, minute book reviews;
- conducting Locate, Address, and Motor Vehicle Accident searches;
- attending the Ministry of Government Services to file chartered documents;
- attending the Superior Court of Justice to conduct litigation searches;
- preparing all litigation services and filings in accordance to the Rules of Civil Procedures;
- working with a network of agents across Canada to ensure successful completion of services and filings within client timelines;
- drafting affidavits of service;
- attending various courts within the GTA as required in order to have court documents issued and filed;
- testing our online solutions, identifying production defects, and logging identified defects in a defect tracking systems for review and fixing;
- researching and preparing new product requirements, content specifications, user interface specifications and use cases; and
- administrative tasks such as inputting and creating new order requests, scanning, photocopying and invoicing to support the day to day functions of a transactional business.
You will be a graduate of a Law Clerk or Paralegal program, a strong team player and will possess: - a minimum of 2-3 years work experience; - leadership skills and the ability to multi-task; - knowledge of the legal system and legal documents; - exceptional verbal English communication skills; - strong organizational and time management skills; - the ability to maintain composure under stressful situations; - strong interpersonal skills; - a keen eye for detail; - strong analytical and problem-solving skills; - the ability to manage conflict; and - PC skills – Microsoft Office Suite.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for candidates with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Customer Service & Support Family Group
Organization: *Legal Canada & ANZ - ALL
Title: Corporate & Litigation Services Representative
Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-CAN-TORONTO-333 Bay Street
Requisition ID: JREQ085803
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Vaughan-CAN-Vaughan-2002-11 Cidermill