PNC Paralegal Sr in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100479 Paralegal Sr
Within the legal department and under attorney direction, provides analytical and support services.
Assists attorneys with substantive and procedural legal work.
Prepares, reviews and analyzes legal documents.
Investigates and analyzes issues and conducts legal research.
PA - Philadelphia
Line of Business:
PA375 - PNC Bank N.A.
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Philadelphia
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Document Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to store, categorize and update an organization's documents in order to ensure the security, effectiveness and integrity of business information.
Litigation Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of substantive and procedural law and ability to apply this knowledge to legal negotiation and formal litigation.
LEGAL FUNCTION - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the legal function or department; ability to provide legal consulting, advice and assistance.
Contracts Review - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the contractual and legal matters related to expenditures (consulting services, maintenance, agreements, hardware and software acquisitions, outsourcing, etc.); ability to evaluate, interpret and improve the language used in contractual agreements.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Senior Paralegal within PNC's Legal organization, you will be based in Philadelphia, PA .
PNC has an excellent opportunity available for a Senior Paralegal to join our legal team supporting several attorneys in our Mortgage Litigation practice group located in Philadelphia, PA. In this role, you will use your solid paralegal experience coupled with your mortgage/consumer litigation background to work independently to produce reports, research complex matters and produce high quality work on a variety of tasks. Your strong analytical and project management skills, solid Microsoft Word and Excel experience along with excellent communication, and organizational skills will ensure success in this role. The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal certification and a minimum of two years paralegal experience (four plus years strongly desired), preferably working within consumer finance litigation.