|Ref. No.:||2183||Job Title:||Corporate Paralegal|
|Office:||* Rochester<>< td=""> ||Practice Area:||* M&A and Corporate Transactions<>< td=""> |
Experienced paralegal sought for fast-paced, exciting work environment to work with a very collegial group of business lawyers in our nationally acclaimed Business and Finance Department. Our business practice is a national leader in the middle market and affords the opportunity to work with clients from all around the U.S., ranging from entrepreneurs to publicly traded companies to private equity funds.
- Prepare, draft, and file formation documents, corporate resolutions and annual reports
- Corporate maintenance, including stock issuances and cap table maintenance
- Prepare, draft and file regulatory documents with various state agencies
- Prepare, search and file UCCs
- Document retrieval, business research, and corporate document filing
- Transactional closing support activities and post-closing follow-up
- Assist with private placement, venture capital, and public offerings
- Other responsibilities as client needs dictate
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certificate or appropriate job-related experience
- Working knowledge of corporate procedures preferred
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to plan and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients, deal with urgent client needs, and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude with a willingness to continuously learn new skills and tasks
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply, click 'Apply Now' button to be redirected to Nixon Peabody's careers site. You may need to scroll down to find the position you wish to apply to, then select the checkmark next to the job title and click 'Apply Now' at the bottom of the screen.
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority / Female / Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation/ Disability / Veteran.