The Nature's Bounty Co. Legal Counsel in Ronkonkoma, New York
The Nature's Bounty Co. can trace its long history as far back as 1870 and the founding of our Holland & Barrett stores in England. Over 145 years later, the company continues to enrich the lives of consumers around the world and proudly stands as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative health and wellness products and solutions to the marketplace. Our ongoing mission to deliver the highest quality nutritional supplements and wellness products has resulted in an extensive portfolio of well-known and trusted brands, including Nature s Bounty , Sundown Naturals , Osteo Bi-Flex , Solgar , Balance Bar , MET-Rx , Pure Protein , Body Fortress , Puritan s Pride , Organic Doctor , Holland & Barrett and many others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements and sports & active nutrition products,The Nature's Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness by creating products that consumers want and making them easily available anywhere they shop.
The Legal Counsel will primarily be responsible for the review of commercial contracts, with a focus on corporate, intellectual property and IT matters. The Legal Counsel will also assist with the maintenance of Nature s Bounty s intellectual property portfolio; assist with M&A and corporate transactions; and provide general legal advice to a variety of business units.
* Manage a substantial contract workload, with a focus on corporate, intellectual property and IP contracts. The Legal Counsel will be responsible for drafting and negotiating all forms of commercial contracts.
* Assist with the management of Nature s Bounty s intellectual property portfolio, including monitoring trademark renewals.
* Regular interface with a highly collaborative and interactive legal / business team.
* Identify and advise on legal risks and contractual issues and interpretation.
* Provide practical business oriented solutions.
* Develop and enhance contract templates and guidelines.
* Collaborate with various business units on matters related to corporate policies, company programs and projects and other company business.
* Assist on other legal matters and contribute to the overall legal function of risk analysis of the company.
Experience, Education, and Skills:
* Juris Doctorate, with excellent academic credentials.
* Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar.
* 3-5 years of law firm experience (with significant corporate experience required).
* Experience with intellectual property matters, trademark review, and contract drafting is preferred
* Prior in-house experience is a plus.
* Strong negotiating and drafting skills.
* Sound judgment and exceptional problem-solving skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a timely manner.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings..
Employer's Job# POS000002765
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.