USAA Legal Analyst in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Legal Analyst I - Intellectual Property for our San Antonio, TX facility.
The Legal Analyst performs legal research and analysis for area of specialization under the direction of internal or external legal counsel. Analyzes and compiles data in support of development of legal strategies. Acts as a liaison between internal counsel and external counsel and advises Leadership on progress of case.
- Independently performs moderately complex to complex legal analysis for specific client inquiries, arbitrations, investigations and litigation. Investigates claims, analyzes facts, estimates potential exposure, formulates alternative legal strategies, acts as a liaison for negotiations, and prepares materials and witnesses involved in legal processes.
- Applies proficient knowledge to analyze new and pending statutory, regulatory, and decisional law. Identifies changes that may impact company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of legal requirements in assigned areas of specialization. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
- Facilitates management of internal and external resources, including relationships with outside counsel.
- Analyzes and investigates allegations and inquiries from related federal, state, and local government agencies, and/or current or former employees and members to resolves issues.
- Serves as resource for legal processes applicable to areas of specialization (i.e., patent prosecution, class action claims, brokerage and transfer agency matters).
- 3 years experience with relevant law firm and/or corporate legal department or 3 years of operational experience utilizing knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Attainment of, or progress towards a Paralegal designation or equivalent
- 4 or more years of progressive experience in a related capacity
- Experience in intellectual property / patent prosecution processes and procedures and USPTO operations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/15/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Legal Analyst TX-San Antonio R0011348