Google Contracts Manager, Music in San Bruno, California
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA
With a company growing at such fast speeds, every day another agreement is made to keep Google running. As a member of the Legal Contracts team, you review and revise contracts -- often juggling several at a time. You develop practical and innovative ways to meet Google's needs and keep the company thriving, with the ability to affect Google's long-term goals.
Our Music Legal group manages all music-related commercial transactions. This job will support complex commercial transactions that involve music rights. The client base includes Business Development and Marketing clients across all of Google, meaning that you'll be exposed to numerous product areas throughout Google. You'll work with our clients on the various legal issues and business strategies related to commercial agreements, and you'll also assist with the continuous development of the commercial team and its processes. Diligent and proactive, you bring excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Review, draft and manage music licensing agreements, statements of work, and other intellectual property agreements.
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Business Development, Marketing and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise business clients on the legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures.
- Review and summarize agreement terms.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience with commercial contracts.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with commercial agreements in a fast-paced technology/Internet company.
- Experience designing and implementing workflow processes in the context of a legal department.
- Intellectual property experience.
- Understanding of copyright law and the rights associated with sound recordings and musical compositions.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.