Celgene Commercial Counsel (Pharmaceutical/Biotech) in Summit, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Title: Commercial Counsel
The mission of Celgene’s legal department is to support, serve and safeguard the vision and values of Celgene Corporation by providing quality legal counsel with both unwavering integrity and a dedication to corporate objectives and growth.
Celgene Corporation, a pharmaceutical company, is looking to hire an attorney to join the Commercial Contracts sub-group of Celgene’s legal department. The position will be located at Celgene’s headquarters in Summit, New Jersey. This position provides candidates with an opportunity to conduct a variety of legal work. Candidates must have contract negotiation and drafting experience and proven ability to develop and implement legal strategies that support business and financial objectives. Candidates should be admitted to practice before the New Jersey State Bar and in good standing.
Specific responsibilities include:
Generally provide legal support and advice to designated client groups within Celgene, for North America, including, but not limited to Sales and Marketing, National Account and Trade Team, and Contracting and Pricing and Market Access.
Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal agreements such as wholesale and distribution agreements, specialty pharmacy agreements and rebate agreements.
The candidate must be skilled in drafting agreements with variety of service providers and customers in the areas of federal contracting requirements, contracting with Group Purchasing Organization (GPOs), Specialty Pharmacies and Wholesalers, and have experience with Fair Market Value assessments for determining appropriate pricing for commercial contracts.
The candidate will also provide general commercial contracting support for the sales organization, for Speakers Bureaus, Advisory Board meetings and other consulting agreements with Health Care Professionals, patient support and patient ambassador programs.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Must have at least 5 years comprehensive experience with federal contracting, including but not limited to contracting with the Veteran’s Administration and Department of Defense, contracting and negotiating with Group Purchasing Organization (GPOs), Specialty Pharmacies, and Wholesalers.
• Must have a J.D. and be admitted to and in good standing with the New Jersey State Bar or eligible for in-house limited license.
• At least seven years of experience as an attorney handling commercial transactions with either a law firm or in-house within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. Prior work experience in both a law firm and in-house is strongly desired.
• Excellent skills in drafting, analyzing and communicating contractual terms to internal clients.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, processing multiple transactions to satisfactory completion.
• Ability to appropriately balance legal and business risks while complying with short turnaround cycles.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• History of self-motivation, sound judgment and exceptional interpersonal relations.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Commercial Counsel (Pharmaceutical/Biotech)
Location: Summit, NJ, US
Job ID: 16002173