State Street Depositary Oversight Specialist Associate 1 in Luxembourg
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
General Position Summary:
The Alternative Depositary Oversight Team performs the depositary functions for Alternative Investment Funds, in particular investing in Private Equity, Real Estate and Private Debt assets or in other fund vehicles. The Alternative Depositary Oversight Analyst will:
- represent the ADO team internally and towards clients,
- monitor compliance of operations with internal procedures and with legal and regulatory requirements,
- assist in the analysis of regulated and unregulated alternative structures and assessment of legal/financial documentation required to fulfill depositary duties.
The Alternative Depositary Oversight Analyst works closely with colleagues from the legal and operations department and other State Street offices worldwide.
- Analyzing private equity, real estate, debt, fund of fund and other alternative structures introduced by clients/prospects
- Taking part in the determination and assessment of relevant legal documentation on multi-domicile alternative structures such as private placement memoranda, share purchase agreements, corporate and financing documents, title deeds and similar
- Being the point of contact for operational questions
- Monitoring and taking care of the day-to-day operations of the depositary and following up with third parties, including administrator and fund managers
- Participating in performing due diligence on third parties and clients (AIFMs and Central Administrators)
- Determining and assessing relevant information on alternative structures relating to transactions and cash flows
- Ensuring implementation of and compliance with relevant internal procedures
- Maintain document database and ensures documents are updated as needed
- Bac + 2. Legal or economic studies or university degree in law or in economics are an advantage.
Professional experience in the alternative investment fund industry; ideally in a depositary bank, or with an asset manager, a law firm or an audit firm with focus on private equity, real estate, debt, fund of fund and other alternative structures. Knowledge of such structures and related processes and documentation is essential. Experience in operating and monitoring of private equity and/or real estate investment vehicles both from the corporate governance and/or the accounting perspective.
- Ability to analyze a situation and obtain information to reach sound conclusions
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Service-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to work autonomously
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- English and German (fluent, spoken and in writing);
- French or other languages would be an asset.
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks
State Street Job ID: 160252
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Depositary Oversight Specialist Associate 1
Job ID: 160252
Full/Part Time: Full FTE