Combined Insurance Claim Director in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubbprovides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental healthinsurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensiveproduct and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence,superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The position is ideally based in Basking Ridge NJ, but any Chubb office will be considered. Travel for mediations &Trials will be required.
/Duties may include, but are not limited to: / Identifying and evaluating coverage issues, preparing comprehensive coverage letters and analysis. Identifying and evaluating risk transfer opportunities pursuant to contracts, lease agreements, certificates of insurance. Evaluating information on coverage, liability, and damagesto resolve claims on reasonable terms and at an appropriate value. Communicate with policyholders, experts, counsel and others to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company. Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to supervisor. Evaluate claims and make recommendations to management regarding claim resolution plans/strategies. Negotiating settlements. Retaining, directing and managing litigation counsel through trial; developing and managing strategy for complex litigation and reviewing legal bills. Attending arbitrations, mediations, trials. Presenting litigation strategy for complex litigation to senior claims management and underwriting staff. Respond to internal and external requests for information from management, underwriters, business partners etc. Provides outstanding customer service and works well with the insured, broker and TPA in the adjustment of mainstream casualty losses. Prepare timely and accurate reports to management regarding significant claim developments.
/Desired Qualifications/ Requirements:/
- 7 years of relevant experience as a claims professional with a high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling of high exposure General Liability/Auto claims, New York Labor Law exposures, Products Liability, Premises Liability and coverage claims.
- Litigation management skills directly managing defense counsel.
- Experience interpreting and analyzing the application of general liability policies, contracts, lease agreements, risk transfer opportunities etc.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Experience in a work environment that requires collaboration across work groups.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices, procedures and case law
- Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills; and an ability to deal with customers and business partners in a professional manner.
- Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon detailed analysis of complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong relational skills particularly in adverse or high-pressure situations.
- Eager to work in a fast paced environment.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Claim Director
Requisition ID: 315674