Honeywell Lead Analyst in United States
Senior Patent Specialist
The IP Analytics Department of Global Analytics and Legal Services (GALS) group is looking for ‘Senior Patent Specialist’ who will provide patent application preparation and prosecution support to Sensing and Productivity Solutions (SPS) business.
Roles and responsibilities:
- The person is primarily responsible for assisting business IP counsels on matters involving drafting complete patent applications and executing patent office actions.
- The person should work closely with inventors and business representatives to understand inventions and their business impact in the industry.
- Assist US attorneys in describing inventions in written patent applications including drawings.
- Assist US attorneys in analyzing official office actions and preparing explanations of features of the invention to Examiners in numerous Patent and Trademark Offices.
- Includes drafting portions of patent applications and responses to Official Actions from Patent and Trademark offices around the world.
- Conduct preliminary reviews of patentability and freedom to practice search results.
Skills /Competencies and Abilities:
- Hands on working experience with US attorneys and global inventors to obtain global patent protection in sensor and AIDC industries.
- Thorough understanding of basic patent concepts, patent procedures and patenting techniques is a must.
- Prior experience of handling imaging (optics, image processing) and scanning data capture technologies is highly desirable.
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly understand new inventions, identify key issues & differentiators. Flexibility and ability to smoothly move from one technology to another are a plus.
- Ability to conduct basic prior art searches using a paid patent database is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required. Particularly strong in persuasive writing and reasoning skills is highly desirable.
- Ability to juggle many priorities and competing demands for the group’s time based on business criticality.
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduate in Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Computer Science / Physics with specialization in Optics with a minimum 6 years of professional experience.
- The professional experience may consist of research, development and engineering (RD&E) with a minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience on patent prosecution and application drafting.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.