Mergermarket US Ltd M&A / Antitrust Reporter in Washington, District Of Columbia
Dealreporteris looking to hire a full time reporter to cover M&A; antitrust and policy developments in Washington DC. This role will involve reporting on high profile merger control reviews and other related developments. The role will also involve real time reporting from legal trials, policy events and regulatory hearings and interviewing principal actors at agencies on event side lines.
The ideal candidate will be keen to investigate developments behind the scenes to produce cutting edge news. This role would suit a strong investigative reporter, who can grasp new concepts quickly, possesses an excellent eye for detail, and has a competitive attitude towards breaking news.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interest in antitrust and Capitol Hill
- A good networker and ability to talk to senior sources
- Comfort connecting in-person, over the phone and via email
- Familiarity with economics and health care
- Strong investigative and writing skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Training or experience in journalism OR law degree with an openness to working in journalism
- Experience working in DC would be advantageous
- Team player, as they will work regularly with a global team