Polaris Industries Electrical Engineer- Intellectual Property in Wyoming, Minnesota
Req No. 9773BR
Title Electrical Engineer- Intellectual Property
Job Category Engineering/Technical Service
Electrical Engineer - Intellectual Property
JOB SUMMARY :Polaris seeks to hire a full-time Patent Engineer to assist in protecting the company’s products and services with a specific focus on utility patent disclosures in the electrical technological area, as well as design patents. The individual will work closely with a diverse and talented groups of engineers as well as a dynamic legal group to build the patent portfolio and strategy. This includes identifying patentable inventions; securing high quality disclosures; providing technical and legal analysis; drafting invention disclosures; managing IP challenges as well as driving and monitoring IP performance.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of assigned Polaris product lines
• Integrate with assigned product and project teams
• Implement LEAN operation principles to create optimized and efficient IP processes
• Perform competitive patent searches to identify industry technology trends, develop a strategy to protect key technologies, and assess the competitive patent landscape
• Perform and distribute regular competitive patent search reports for Off-Road, Snow, Motorcycle, Powertrain, SxS, LEV, international, and diversification initiatives as required, and categorize competitive patents by system and component
• Identify competitive patents that may need further study or formal opinion
• Perform specific competitive patent searches by request
• Provide periodic overview of the competitive patent landscape to the product and project teams
• Conduct product patent mining sessions and assist in the development of a patent filing plan
• Review and approve new patent invention disclosures
• Prepare and present IP updates through the Polaris development process for assigned product and project teams
• Facilitate patent clearance reviews within assigned product and project teams
• Prepare information for rebuttal of infringement accusation by others
• Collaborate with outside patent counsel to prepare and prosecute patent applications
• Liaison between Engineering and Legal on patent agreements, litigation matters and special development projects as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 4 year degree, BSEE preferred.
• Must have the ability to read and understand complex patent laws, rules, and procedures.
• Must be able to communicate complex concepts in an easy to understand format.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prefer 3-5 years Engineering/Electrical desgn experience.
• Prefer experience in patent searching and patent application.
Location US - Wyoming, MN
Education Requirements 4 year degree or higher
Years of Experience Required 3 years experience
About Polaris Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.