CA Technologies Counsel in Collyer Quay, Singapore
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
We are currently looking for a Counsel to join us at our Singapore office. This role is responsible for providing legal advice to our business in Singapore and other ASEAN countries and assisting our global organization as required. The following areas are of primary focus: software licensing, SaaS contracting, professional/consulting services, intellectual property (IP), contract law, IT law.
In addition, the role will act as primary counsel to the ASEAN business for general legal matters. As such, the role will involve internal counsel and/or management of external counsel for issues arising in employment law, corporate law, competition law, litigation, marketing and advertising, and mergers & acquisitions. A solid understanding of the IT industry is essential. In the spirit of assisting CA to make sales and win business, we require strong negotiation skills and risk assessment. The primary responsibilities of Counsel will be to support, advise and lead the Sales organization in a multi-channel, multi-tiered go-to-market approach.
· Provide legal advice and help resolve complexities on software licensing or SaaS related issues as primary legal contact to portions of the business
· Assist the sales organization in the negotiation of terms and conditions of software licenses, SaaS contracts, services agreements, partner documentation and related agreements with customers
· Review and revise software licenses, SaaS agreements, services agreements and related agreements
· Train staff on legal, IP, competition, compliance and governance issues
· Represent CA in regional disputes and retain and manage outside counsel, where appropriate, to assist in the dispute resolution
· Provide employment related legal advice to HR and senior management
· Assist with mergers & acquisition due diligence and/or integration issues, including issues relevant to the ASEAN business
· Assist with compliance investigations
· Manage and advise on general corporate governance and associated corporate activities
· Act as resource to help resolve complex issues that affect the Company's internal and external relations and business activities
· Participate in company and/or law department projects as assigned
- Skills and Experience *
· Experience working with legal matters related to IT sector, with emphasis on Software Licensing, SaaS and IP related issues
· Qualified to practice law in Singapore is required; plus, further qualifications and certifications relevant to this role
· +5 years’ experience including experience in an in-house role
· Experience and/or expertise addressing data privacy issues is an advantage
· Strong, independent ability to draft, revise and negotiate legal documents for software, SaaS and professional services
· Knowledge of Software & SaaS related contract issues
· Ability to establish and maintain strong internal client relationships across CA's businesses
· Ability to work independently to enable and progress Company, departmental or team objectives
· Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
· Strong legal judgment, experience and expertise related to above stated job responsibilities
· Alignment to CA Culture and DNA values
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./