Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP Litigation Paralegal in Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is a leading national law firm with over 20 business centers in the United States. With approximately 500 lawyers and 1,000 personnel, we are a traditional, yet innovative and diverse Firm and our people are our highest priority.
Our Ft. Lauderdale office is seeking a Florida Registered Litigation Paralegal who will perform a variety of duties including researching law, investigating facts, and preparing documents for attorneys according to established policies and procedures.
Essential Functions Include:
- Continual review and management of case files;
- Prepare initial discovery, i.e., interrogatories, request for production, request for admissions;
- Journal deadlines for responses and monitor for timeliness;
- Prepare draft responses to discovery;
- Prepare deposition summaries;
- Prepare legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, chronologies, agreements, depositions and/or trial binders for use by Attorneys;
- Investigate facts as requested by attorney; and
- Ensure proper indexing and filing of original legal documents.
Ideal candidate must have the following:
- A high school diploma;
- 2+ years of auto negligence, personal injury or general liability litigation related experience;
- Experience with trial preparation, summation, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of complex litigation (i.e. medical malpractice, construction, products liability, etc.); and
- Working knowledge and experience of e-Filing in both State and Federal Court systems;
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Computer Skills: Must have working knowledge of internet software; Excel spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word software, and E-Filing experience in both State and Federal Court systems.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
- Oral Communication: Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data.
- Design: Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Initiative: Takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality.
- Professionalism: Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life and AD&D; Insurance, 401(k) savings plan and retirement, generous paid time off and opportunities for professional development.
As an EOE/AA employer, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Note To Agencies and Applicants: At this time, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not be accepting applications submitted through search firms for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.
Title: Litigation Paralegal
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida