PNC Counsel in HORSHAM, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
Identifies and manages legal risk for the organization.
Conducts research, provides substantive and procedural legal advice, and participates in significant legal matters.
Manages outside counsel relationships and expense.
Reviews and prepares transactional and other legal documentation.
PA - HORSHAM
Line of Business:
PA039 - ECN Capital Corp
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - HORSHAM
Active State License
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Ethics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Negotiating - Working Experience
- Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Influencing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
External Resource Management - Extensive Experience
- Ability to effectively manage the utilization of external services (e.g., product or platform vendors, service providers, contractors, consultants, outsourced functions).
LEGAL FUNCTION - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the legal function or department; ability to provide legal consulting, advice and assistance.
Legal Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from both legal and factual information.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
COUNSEL –EQUIPMENT FINANCE GROUP
The PNC Equipment Finance Legal team is part of a larger Business and Finance Legal Team of approximately 65 lawyers and paralegals, located primarily in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA. The Equipment Finance Legal Team is seeking an equipment finance attorney to provide legal guidance and support to internal PNC clients in PNC Equipment Finance on an array of legal matters, including the following:
Giving legal advice and support directly to relationship managers, credit officers, paralegals, documentation specialists, and loan administrators and servicers on equipment finance leasing and lending matters of varying complexity;
Drafting, reviewing and/or negotiating lease and loan documents relating to all types of lease and loan transactions;
Advising on ongoing administration of leases and loans and collateral;
Updating standard commercial lease, loan, security agreement and related forms;
Providing training to documentation specialists and lending/credit staff; and
Selecting and overseeing services of approved outside counsel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and credentials:
J.D. degree from an accredited law school;
Currently licensed to practice in the courts of one or more states;
A minimum of 4 years’ experience in commercial lending and commercial leasing law;
Broad scope of experience in representing banks and/or equipment finance companies in commercial leasing and lending with middle market and large corporate transactions;
Excellent business judgment, sound decision-making and solid problem-solving and legal analytical skills;
Specialty equipment finance expertise, such as in vendor, franchise, construction, transportation and industrial equipment and/or similar specialty areas, a plus;
Self-starter with ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as appropriate;
Strong organizational skills and excellent oral and written communication abilities; and
Basic knowledge of SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.