SIRVA, Inc. Legal Assistant/ Document Specialist in Independence, Ohio
Tracking Code 3886 Job Description
The Legal Document Specialist/Legal Administrator supports SIRVA’s various department by tracking, reporting, and reviewing contract terms and documentation. This role is also responsible for managing real estate licensing compliance.
Functions and Responsibilities
15% Track Contract Status, Terms and Documents
- Suggests and adds key, pre-identified terms to Client Contract Database, as approved by Legal VP;
- Coordinates and tracks status of legal contracts and other service requests (i.e. monitors due dates and legal team responses to RFP/RFQ/RFI) and follows up to manage deadline compliance by legal team;
- Tracks upsell items for director bonuses and sales commissions;
- Tracks NDA’s for recovery of confidential information on client opportunity loss;
15% Contract/Addenda Execution Process
- Reviews final versions of contracts/addenda for accuracy and completeness;
- Confirms necessary approvals;
- Confirms client signature;
- Obtains SIRVA signature;
- Distributes contracts to appropriate internal personnel;
- Files contracts;
- Adds new contracts and updated terms to Client Contract Database;
15% Document Review and Preparation
- Reviews NDA’s for terms as identified by Legal VP;
- Prepares contracts and addenda as directed by Legal VP and/or Contract Manager.
- Work on projects as requested and or approved by Legal VP.;
- New product intranet;
- Training documents;
- Contract data collection;
- Contract process documentation;
- Performs and/or initiates legal information research as requested by account management and business development teams
- Provides upsell reports on a quarterly basis and as requested to account management;
- Responds to follow up questions from FP&A; and account management;
- Provides monthly sales commission reports to SFDC team;
- Responds to follow up questions from FP&A; and sales leadership;
- Advises accounting team of items requiring special accounting treatment (rebates/SLA’s/non-compliance fees/etc.)
10% Legal Transactional Documents
- Creates updated documents for system input;
- Work with ops to maintain and update legal transactional documents as required;
- Manages approval process for Transactional Documents (including obtaining approvals from Legal Transactional Manager and or Legal VP;
- Manages the document change process;
- Provides document release notifications to impacted teams.
10% Administrative Duties
- Processes expense reports for legal counsel, makes travel reservations, processes payables and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ad hoc projects as required
5% Manages Real Estate Licensing Compliance
- Tracks and reports new hires’ real estate license compliance with policy;
- Tracks corporate licenses and works with brokers to maintain compliance;
- Works with broker and Legal VP to file for corporate licensure/broker changes/entity changes;
- Manages new/revised corporate license and renewal process;
- Supports state audits with documentation and coordinates counsel as necessary.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Strong project management and tracking skills required
- Experienced computer, Microsoft Office skills required
- Analytical writing and research skills; excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working with executive and management level personnel
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive information
- Prior experience with customer, vendor, international, agency and/or government contracts preferred
- Understanding of and ability to work with numerous functions within company
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or extensive experience as general paralegal required
SIRVA is a leading partner for corporations to outsource their mobility needs, relocating and moving their executives and staff globally. SIRVA offers an extensive portfolio of mobility services across approximately 170 countries providing an end-to-end solution to deliver an enhanced mobility experience and program control and security for customers.
SIRVA brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry. At SIRVA, you will be in great company!
SIRVA is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The Federal EEO Law Poster may be found at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability of any part of the employment process, please send an email to Human Resources at HRSIRVA@SIRVA.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
SIRVA has a portfolio of well-known and recognizable brands including Allied Van Lines, northAmerican Van Lines, SMARTBOX, and Allied Pickfords. For more information please visit www.sirva.com.
Job Location Independence, Ohio, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular