McGuire Woods LLP Case Assistant in Los Angeles, California
McGuireWoods has a need for a Case Assistant in its Debt Finance practice in Los Angeles, CA. The case assistant will be responsible for the preparation of various debt finance documents and provide support to the Paralegals/Attorneys in the Debt Finance practice area. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of Case Assistant experience, experience with closing binders, and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with offices in the United States and Europe. Tracing the firm's roots back to 1834, McGuireWoods has a long history of growth through mergers with predecessor firms in existing markets, as well as client-centered expansion into new markets. Working with clients to develop these strategies, the firm has kept pace with its clients changing needs -- and helps them meet their goals. This has been the firm's philosophy for more than 175 years, and it continues to direct endeavors as the firm looks toward the future. For more information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com.
- Assists in closing binder preparation and distribution, and with other financing and corporate document distributions.
- Maintains closing checklists and properly organizes and archives signature pages of closing documents on the firm's document management system.
- Works with attorneys leading up to and on the closing date to track document deliveries.
- Assists with document collection and maintaining e-rooms.
- Maintains, organizes and retrieves case files as requested.
- Requires one year certificate from college or technical school, and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accurate filing skills, experience with closing binders highly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is required.
- Team oriented; Good planning and organizational skills.
Have more questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.
Job Location: US-CA-Los Angeles
Category: Legal Support