Cigna Legal Assistant in Nashville, Tennessee
Provides full support on legal issues. Prepares and edits legal documents, legal notices, reports, power point presentations and/or filings. Coordinates and monitors preparation and execution of legal documents. Monitors and tracks outside attorneys' fees. Supervision by attorneys. Degree of learning exists in the position. 2-4 years legal work experience or Paralegal Certificate .
- Provide administrative support to attorneys leading Senior Segment
- Support complex legal work , including assiting with responses to subpoenas, records requests and responding to legal notices
Proactively manages calendar and itineraries for Associate Chief Counsel and attorneys on staff with accuracy.
Independently manages preferences and priorities for meeting arrangements.
- Ensures principals have all needed documentation and prep work in advance of all meetings.
- Handles travel arrangements and prepares and settles expense accounts.
- Maintains telephone coverage according to Counsel’s preferences.
- Plans, organizes and arranges meetings including webinars and conference calls to be hosted by Counsel and direct reports (i.e., booking training rooms, pre-work, send pre-reads to participants.)
- Drafts communications and responses to incoming correspondence for review and distribution under Counsel’s signature.
- Manages billing and invoices; coordinates with Finance for monthly accruals
- Assist with technology set up for meetings, conferences, and other virtual interactions (including WebEx set up, ensuring projector and/or other AV equipment is sourced and set up, etc.)
- Ensures that confidentiality is maintained in all processes - written and verbal.
- Ensures all interactions are professional and commensurate with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes the complete suite of desktop products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and its calendar functions.
*Position located in Nashville, TN
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training; minimum 2 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience.
- Legal experience or Paralegal certificate/experience preferred
- Hard working, team-oriented, well-organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Initiative; Must be able to work independently, problem solve, formulate and implement recommendations to attorneys
- Able to manage and prioritize projects that span across legal disciplines and able to work under time pressure
- Advanced Computer Skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Primary Location: Nashville-Tennessee
Work Locations: 530 Great Circle Road Nashville 37228
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 27, 2018, 10:46:59 AM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.