Pfizer Inc. Corporate Counsel, Clinical Development Legal in New York, New York
We are looking for a dynamic, pragmatic, analytical and collegial attorney with experience in supporting clinical research, to serve as a primary legal contact for client groups conducting our clinical trials, engaging with clinical research organizations and vendors, and managing our processes for clinical trial disclosure and clinical trial data sharing. In this role, you will handle a wide variety of legal questions relating to clinical trial conduct, serve on governance committees overseeing clinical trial vendor performance, and handle selected clinical trial transactional matters. You will also get the rewarding feeling that comes with supporting clinical research, and the joy of working with a group of colleagues who are incredibly supportive and fun.
This role will report to the Assistant General Counsel - Quality, Sponsor Oversight & Operations on the Clinical Development Legal team which supports Pfizer clinical trial activities globally.
- Provide regulatory compliance advice to clients across the clinical trial organization on matters pertaining to processes and procedures in support of clinical trials, with a particular emphasis on the relationship between sponsors, CROs and vendors.
- Advise on clinical trial vendor quality and performance matters, and serve as primary legal contact for and representative to selected vendor governance committees
- Provide legal input on selected clinical trial transactional matters
- Provide primary legal support on process and contractual matters relating to clinical trial disclosure and data sharing
- Provide subject matter expertise, and legal support and guidance, on the development and application of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and related supporting procedural documents for clinical trial support activities
- Provide ad hoc legal support on special projects as needed
- Excellent academic qualifications including Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor
- Member in good standing of at least one state bar and admitted to practice in relevant jurisdiction
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or at a law firm supporting clients in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, preferably including some or all of the following: FDA regulatory compliance, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), outsourcing transactions, contract template management
- Strong interest in, and commitment to, the legal subject matter relevant to this role
- Excellent research, writing, counselling and communication skills (formal and informal) and a positive client service orientation
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and across the organization
- Accountability, sound judgment, and the ability to take ownership of an issue and provide concise and timely advice
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
For Groton applicants, this role would require some travel to New York headquarters (NYHQ) during an initial training period, and periodic travel to NYHQ following that.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 4/23/18
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.