Credit Suisse CRA Advisory Attorney # 105582 in New York, New York
The Contract Risk Advisory group within our Global Markets General Counsel division is seeking a Negotiator and Advisory Attorney in the Investment Bank’s New York office.
To serve as negotiator and legal advisor to the Legal Agreements Advisory team which generally supports the Firm’s derivatives and securities financing businesses.
THE ROLE INVOLVES:
The role involves (i) negotiating master trading agreements such as the ISDA Master Agreement, Master Repurchase Agreement, Master Securities Forward Transaction Agreement and Master Securities Loan Agreement, (ii) advising on legal and regulatory issues arising throughout the life of client trading relationships; (iii) collaborating with colleagues throughout the General Counsel division (“GC”) and other stakeholders to provide solutions to complex issues; (iv) obtaining, reviewing and summarizing external legal advice, as needed, in order to resolve issues, develop and share “know-how”, and prepare templates and precedents language; and (v) assisting in the development and refinement of negotiation standards.
The candidate will maintain awareness and understanding of industry trends, documentation, legal and regulatory developments across coverage businesses in order to share knowledge with colleagues and relevant stakeholders in the Firm.
The candidate will also perform other responsibilities and projects as assigned by GC management.
· Excellent client service and internal coordination skills.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, drafting, and communication skills.
· Ability to collaborate closely with stakeholders from different disciplines, GC colleagues, and within a team.
· 10 years negotiating and advising on ISDA, ICMA, and SIFMA agreements and related agreements; experience negotiating and advising regularly on credit, security, account control, and triparty account control agreements.
· Experience analyzing and evaluating external counsel legal opinions, advice, and research.
· Knowledge of insolvency law and secured transactions law is desirable.
· Experience addressing legal issues involving sovereigns and public entities is a plus.
Title: CRA Advisory Attorney # 105582
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: 105582