TRC Companies Right of Way Title Agent in Omaha, Nebraska
Multiple positions needed for various projects sites located in or near: Omaha/Lincoln, Nebraska - Pierre, South Dakota - Baker, Montana
This position reports to the Title Supervisor. If a Title Supervisor is not included in the organization this position will report to the ROW Manager/Supervisor; responsible for the ROW title activities and the documentation as required by the approved ROW Procedure; this could include ownership identification for an initial line list, court house pulls and curative; implements project ROW policies, guidelines, and procedures; responsible to meet project objectives and timelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire maps covering the area of the preliminary route of the project. Acquire copies of maps from county and state entities for roads, wetlands, railroads, and other easements crossing the preliminary route.
- Pull tax map and tax cards from county courthouse if electronic information is not available; assist in the development of an initial ownership list; Plot proposed pipeline across tax maps if required
- Prepare a field and office file for each tract to be abstracted.
- Perform title search as required in the approved ROW Procedure and develop parcel abstracts by examining and researching the respective county records. Prepare chain of title. Plot the legal land descriptions of all tracts.
- Perform curative title work as required
- Document all title activities as required by the approved ROW Procedure
- Adhere to project Safety Plan
Associate Degree in business administration or paralegal certification a plus
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials, or Other Requirements:
Skills -- Technical:
- Five (5) years' experience as a title agent or a related title position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including spreadsheet and word processing
- Requires specialized knowledge in the methods and techniques for title research activities. Must possess competent knowledge and skills in land description and terminology, surface and sub-surface rights, document analysis, and cure any defects on the title. Identify and solve business, technical and administrative related problems.
- Must be able to work alone, make decisions and use judgment while researching county records and performing other related activities.
- Practical experience in the application, modification and adaptation of standards, techniques and procedures
- Advanced knowledge to plot metes and bounds descriptions and the ability to convert a variety of land measurement values.
Skills -- Communication:
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, specifications, applications, and correspondence.
Skills -- People:
Commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to work in team oriented environment.
Physical, Environmental, and Mental Requirements
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Employee is expected to use good judgment when lifting or moving office supplies and/or furniture and to seek assistance or wear back support appliances when appropriate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus in use of computer monitor and other manual, task-related functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel objects, tools, controls. Reach with hands and arms, hear and talk. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
Department/Location Specific Requirements and Comments
- Any other task that may be required during the performance of duties
- Ability to travel as dictated by job requirements
- Location -- State of Nebraska
- This job will require the majority of work to be performed in a well-lighted, temperature controlled office setting. Most activities require work to be performed at field locations, governmental agencies, corporate entities, and client offices. There are frequent interruptions during the work day for impromptu meetings.
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match. For more information please visit www.trcsolutions.com
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled