Marriott Vacations Worldwide Paralegal II in Orlando, Florida
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
POSITION TITLE: PARALEGAL II
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Paralegal II position is in the law department's Global Resort Operations and Owner Services practice group, with primary focus on supporting the day to day operations of the various resorts and internal business teams associated with owner services, operations, association governance, finance and accounting. This position involves extensive document review and analysis, legal research, preparation of agreements, memoranda, summaries, and matrices, daily contact and interaction with business clients, both at corporate and in the field and other tasks requiring substantial knowledge of the subject matter relative to MVCI's operational business. The paralegal typically works under moderate supervision of a supervising attorney, and will have frequent interaction with all of the attorneys in the practice group.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent qualifying work experience with an excellent employment record;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of legal research technology helpful;
- Knowledge of vacation ownership/timeshare industry is a plus;
- Certificate from a paralegal program is a plus;
- Experience as an in-house law department paralegal or equivalent experience in a law firm is a plus;
- Real estate and/or corporate experience is a plus; and
- Experience in reading and writing legal Spanish a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Diligent, dependable and a strong work ethic;
- Strong analytical and drafting skills;
- Self-starter with high energy, stamina and results oriented;
- Team player;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a team-based environment while consistently meeting deadlines;
- Customer service orientation -- friendly demeanor and positive, can-do attitude;
- Strong judgment and use of discretion;
- Ability to manage workload under pressure;
- Flexibility and adaptability to be able to meet changing priorities and assignments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Ability to effectively and positively interact with individuals within the organization.
- Draft legal correspondence and memoranda for attorney review; once reviewed, revise, distribute, and transmit legal correspondence and memoranda.
- Conduct legal research in condominium and other project documents, statutory law and other sources as required for support of multiple properties in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Review and analyze condominium maps for resort projects.
- Research, analyze and prepare corporate documents and amendments such as bylaws, rules and regulations.
- Prepare summaries of important project documents.
- Engage in due diligence associated with dispositions, turnover, or as may otherwise be required.
- Assist in the preparation of license agreements, easements, leases and other operations related agreements.
- Draft standard service agreements for the maintenance, activities, ancillary businesses, refurbishments and other services required for day to day operations.
- Review proposed and enacted legislative bills that may impact operations and internal business teams.
- Assist in providing support to association governance, loss prevention, owner services, risk management, food and beverage, activities, engineering and other business partners to resolve issues which arise.
- Coordinate with registration and development teams regarding updates and amendments to key documents.
- Engage in and assist with creation and updates of processes to enhance utilization of resources within resort operations.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by the attorney(s).
Assist in preparation of license applications, including liquor licensing and any business licenses.
The paralegal will report to one of the attorneys in the practice group.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled