Express Scripts Sr. Contract Specialist in Orlando, Florida
The Contract Specialist is responsible for the daily management of the agreement and amendment process for assigned contracts. The position’s responsibility includes preparation of agreements and related documents, including facilitation and/or support of negotiation, legal review and signature processes. This includes primary contractual interface, including communication of contract processes and procedures, with Sales/Account Management, Legal, Finance, Business Subject Matter Experts and clients and/or pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Daily management of the agreement and amendment request and preparation processes as assigned.
- Facilitate and/or support negotiations, legal review and signature processes.
- Coordinate appropriate business and legal review/response of negotiated documents.
- Assist with communication of contract processes and procedures.
- Participate in ad hoc contract reviews to support areas such as Sales/Account Management, Finance, Operations and Audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of experience.
- Knowledge of health care industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Experience with Access and SharePoint preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage timelines, both as an individual and as part of a team, and balance multiple deadlines.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to mediate and resolve contract issues and negotiate solutions.
- Ability to work with internal and external partners at all levels of management.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Legal department is ultimately tasked with protecting the Express Scripts brand. Our teams of attorneys and legal professionals oversee contracting activities and licensing, ensuring corporate and SEC compliance, and supporting merger and acquisition activity. Legal also drives the company’s public affairs efforts at the federal and state levels. When hiring for this team, we look for professionals with passion, enthusiasm, and integrity to help us sustain the best-in-class service we provide to our clients every day.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.