PNC Staff Counsel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100477 Staff Counsel
Under the supervision of a senior attorney, identifies and manages legal risk for the organization.
Provides substantive and procedural legal advice.
Conducts research and provides legal support to more senior attorneys on a variety of complex legal and business issues.
Reviews and prepares transactional and other legal documentation.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
PAA86 - The Tower at PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Pittsburgh
Active State License
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Ethics - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Negotiating - Working Experience
- Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Influencing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Legal Analysis - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from both legal and factual information.
LEGAL FUNCTION - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the legal function or department; ability to provide legal consulting, advice and assistance.
Legislative Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools, techniques, and approaches to analyze and comply with legislation from the government, as it applies to the organization.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As a Staff Counsel, you will be joining a dynamic legal team that is recognized throughout the financial services industry as one of the top \"in-house\" legal organizations. Staff Counsels will support a shared services area (i.e., multiple lines of business) in which the core responsibilities include drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of contracts, licenses and contract documentation, as well as advising clients to help them achieve their business goals within a framework of legal compliance and risk management. You'll also be recognized as leader, working for a high profile company with a strong community focus.
In a typical day, you will negotiate lower to moderate risk commercial agreements and provide legal advice and counsel to clients while assisting senior level attorneys in their efforts to service the company's legal needs. You will occasionally research legislation, regulations and case law to develop an understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements. Your administrative responsibilities will include keeping work reports and summaries for more senior level lawyers. This position will be located in Pittsburgh, PA.