Atlas Air, Inc. Contracts and Compliance Attorney in Purchase, New York
Title: Contracts and Compliance Attorney
Location: Purchase, NY
Reports To: Staff Vice President, Corporate Counsel
Position Summary: This position reports to the Staff Vice President, Corporate Counsel and will provide support on corporate transactional matters, contract negotiation and administration, compliance matters and other general corporate matters.
Values and Behavioral Standards: To ensure the effective application and communication of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
• Represent the business in corporate transactions involving complex commercial agreements and strategic customer partnerships.
• Negotiate and draft complex commercial agreements including aircraft and engine leases, asset purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, letters of intent, maintenance agreements and NDAs.
• Advise on a broad range of strategic legal and business matters serving as a trusted advisor to business leaders across the organization.
• Effectively manage outside counsel relationships and drive efficiencies.
• Support continuous improvement of contract forms and contracting policies and standards.
• Assist in overseeing contract administration to ensure material leasing, financing and customer contract terms are identified, communicated and monitored.
• Support the company’s compliance program, including with respect to anti-corruption laws and the FCPA and a wide array of other corporate compliance policies.
• Assist in managing the company’s on-line compliance training program.
• Provide assistance on a wide array of other corporate and compliance matters.
• JD from accredited law school and excellent academic credentials.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or corporate legal department.
• Strong business judgment and ability to resolve complex issues addressing legal risks and business concerns.
• Ability to think strategically and provide clear, efficient and practical guidance.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Desire to be a team player and willing to work independently in a dynamic, ever-changing, fast paced business environment.
• Diligent worker with detail orientation and ability to prioritize, lead and manage multiple projects.
• An interest in working in a small legal department where everyone is passionate about the business and willing to support a wide range of projects.
• Good standing membership in at least one state bar.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.