U.S. Army Communications Electronics Command General Attorney in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
About the Position:Tobyhanna Army Depot (TYAD) is a recognized leader in providing world-class logistics support for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems across the Department of Defense. TYAD's Corporate Philosophy, dedicated workforce and electronics expertise ensure the depot is the Joint C4ISR provider of choice for all branches of the Armed Forces and our industry partners. TYAD's unique; and unparalleled, capabilities include full-spectrum support for sustainment, overhaul and repair, fabrication and manufacturing, engineering design and development, systems integration, technology insertion, modification, and global field support to our Warfighters. Located in the heart of the Pocono Mountain Region; in Northeastern Pennsylvania, the area offers a low cost of living while providing ready access to many indoor and outdoor recreational activities. There are 36 colleges and universities in the local area, and the cities of New York, Philadelphia, Scranton, Stroudsburg, and Wilkes-Barre are only a short commute away. To learn more about our area and what employment at TYAD has to offer, please visit: http://www.monroecountypa.gov/Pages/Living-Here.aspx https://www.poconomountains.com/ http://www.tobyhanna.army.mil/ http://www.visitnepa.org/
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as principle Contracts Attorney, Procurement Fraud Advisor, and Fiscal Law Attorney.
- Serve as secondary labor advisor for matters of civilian personnel law including adverse actions and appeals, and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) complaints.
- Provide advice to the command on varied installation administrative law issues such as ethics private organizations and Freedom of Information Act
- Provide general legal advice and assistance on a variety of legal issues such as domestic relations, property, insurance, leases, adoption and citizenship.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% business travel for the first year for training.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Must provide a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450 upon entering position and annually.
- Must maintain a license to practice law and be a member in good standing of the bar, state, territory of US, District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
The following minimum qualification requirements must be met before applicants are eligible for further consideration: * Education: Successful completion of a full course of study in school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have a professional law degree (LLB or JD). * Bar Membership: Currently a member in good standing (as defined by the pertinent bar) of the bar or a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. * Experience: Two or more years of professional legal experience, acquired after being admitted to the bar and which commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of this position, OR graduated at the top 25 percent of my class or obtained an advanced law degree (Master of Laws (LL.M), and have one year of professional legal experience which commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of this position and this experience was acquired after being admitted to the bar. You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Creative Thinking
- Legal, Government and Jurisprudence
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
Time in Grade Requirement for Current Federal Civilians: To be eligible for selection, you must have completed one year time in grade at the next lower grade level of the position to be filled. (Unless waived in accordance with Army regulations).
Notice of Veteran's Preference: There is no formal rating system for applying veteran's preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of Army considers veteran's preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documents (e.g., DD Form 214, Certificate of Discharge from Active Duty) to their submissions. Although the point-preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10-point preference must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, and supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed. (SF 15, which lists the types of 10-point preference and the required supporting documents, is available from the Office of Personnel Management Website at http://www.opm.gov/).
You may claim military spouse preference. Documentation to support military spouse preference must be submitted at time of application.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) #56 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.* If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.*
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume. 2. Official law school transcript and an official statement of relative standing in class.Photo static copies of documents are acceptable when applying but certified documents must be furnished for final consideration if selected and before entering duty.
3. Good Standing Certificate:Official certificate and/or letter showing that you are a member in good standing of the bar. Certificate must be dated within three months of the date the application is submitted. Copies of Bar Cards are not acceptable replacements for the certificate and/or letter.
4. Fitness to Practice Statement: A sworn [notarized] statement from you that your fitness to practice law or conduct as an attorney has never been challenged in any jurisdiction to the best of your knowledge, or if either has been challenged, a sworn [notarized] statement concerning the facts and circumstances and any other explanation that you consider appropriate may be submitted. As an alternative to a sworn [notarized] statement, a declaration under penalty of perjury may be submitted in the following format: "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct...executed on (date)... (your signature)." (28 U.S.C. 1746). The statement and certificate must be dated within three months of the date the application is submitted. The statement is required to be submitted by all applicants to include attorneys currently appointed to positions under any qualifying authority of the Army ( The Judge Advocate General, Army, General Counsel of the Army, AMC Command Counsel and Chief Counsel, Army Corps of Engineers) (including active duty Army Judge Advocates).
5. Writing Samples: Must provide three (3) legal writing samples demonstrating your ability to effectively practice law with your application package.
6. References:Must provide at least three (3) references with your application package; references must be familiar with your ability to effectively practice law.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 04/16/2018 to receive consideration
- To begin, click Applyto access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10158880).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AI-APF-W0MLAA TOBYHANNA ARMY DEPOT DO NOT MAIL Tobyhanna, PA US
Learn more about this agency
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493741100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/14/2018 to 04/16/2018
Salary: $84,035 to $129,906 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12 - 13
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent