GlaxoSmithKline Head of IP Services in United States
Head of IP Services
Open date:Mar 12, 2018 1:48 PM
GSK House, Brentford,
Upper Providence, Delaware County,Pennsylvania
Required degrees:Not Indicated
Experience required:Not Indicated
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:Intellectual Property (IP) Legal Expert wanted! We are searching for an IP Legal star at Director level who can make a positive difference to GSK and who can inspire others. Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
Overall responsibility for providing excellent IP support services to both Legal Brand Protection (LBP) and Global Patents (GP) in a timely and cost-effective manner and lead the IP Services team globally.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
• IP Tech: The Head, IP Services will be responsible for ensuring that both GP and LBP have the right IP database and data management systems.
• Accuracy of data: The Head, IP Services will be responsible for ensuring that the IP databases are properly updated and maintained so that Lawyers and Patent Attorneys can safely rely on the data. Risk management, quality assurance and sophisticated data monitoring will be a key responsibility of the new role.
• Maintenance of IP rights: The Head, IP Services will be responsible for Trade Marks renewals and Patent annuities. Quality will be a key responsibility of the new role.
• Change of Status: The Head, IP Services will be responsible for recordals of changes for both Patents and Trade Marks rights. In addition, the Head, IP Services will be the responsible person for all IP matters in relation to the GSK cross-functionnal process regarding legal entities.
• External Counsel: The Head, IP Services will be responsible for the cost efficient management of External Counsel for both LBP and GP, including the application of GSK’s TPO (Third Party Oversight) and ABAC (Anti-Bribery Anti-corruption) processes.
• Domain Names: The Head, IP Services will be responsible for supervising the global domain name management process and for driving efficiencies and enhancements.
• Trade Mark watching services: The Head, IP Services will be responsible for activities relating to Trade Marks watching services.
You will be managing a team based in the UK and in the US.
You will be reporting to the Vice President & Head of Legal Brand Protection and will be joining the LBP Leadership Team. You will be invited to present to the Global Patents Leadership Team on a regular basis.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB Monday 26 March 2018 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Basic qualifications:• We are looking for someone who is qualified and currently licensed to practice as lawyer, barrister, patent or trade mark attorney in a relevant jurisdiction and has suitable experience to handle the types of legal issues and management experience for which they will be responsible under this role.
• Strong experience in IP
• Demonstrated experience in managing large volumes of data and in the creation and delivery of analytics for IP data
• Proactive and intuitive candidate, who can work efficiently and lead a diverse team
• Brilliant mind for designing and spotting weaknesses in processes and procedures
• Ability to re-examine everything with a fresh perspective, in order to improve and accelerate
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to complete projects while providing continuous and clear milestones and updates to stakeholders
• Proven project management skills ability to manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines is an integral feature of the role.
• Employee focused, thoughtful people leader
• Computer literacy and fluency in IP software systems
• Ability to operate as an integral member of Legal team
• Limited international travel is likely
Preferred qualifications:See above
Why GSK?:WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.