Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP Litigation Associate- West Palm Beach in West Palm Beach, Florida
Litigation Associate- West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach,FL
Squire Patton Boggs is hiring an associate for our dynamic global litigation practice. The position will be based in the West Palm Beach office.
The individual hired for this position will support and work directly with numerous partner-level litigators handling complex commercial and business litigation and healthcare litigation. Responsibilities will include: legal research, drafting motions and correspondence, discovery and other case management responsibilities, court appearances, and maintaining client contact.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Possess a JD from an accredited law school and a strong academic record. Preference given to the top 20% of graduating class or GPA of 3.5 and above.
• Must be admitted to a US state bar and be in good standing. Admission to the State Bar of Florida is expected if not currently admitted.
• At least 1-3 years of current experience working in a law firm specializing in complex commercial and business litigation or judicial clerkship experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Experienced in all substantive areas of complex litigation including: legal research, written discovery, motion practice (dispositive and trial related motions, pleadings and briefs), court appearances, mediations, arbitration, client and witness interviews, trial preparation.
• Experience/working knowledge of federal and Florida state civil procedure.
• Strong organizational, reasoning and research skills; excellent written and verbal communication abilities; good judgment; attention to detail; initiative.
• Stand-up experience in court will be viewed favorably.
• Flexibility, composure and the ability to prioritize and handle urgent tasks and requests simultaneously with a high level of competence and accuracy; the ability to remain composed and professional under stressful circumstances; commitment to ethical and confidentiality requirements; strong client service skills.
• Ability to work without constant supervision, demonstrating initiative in seeking work and managing work load; active in formulating and recommending projects or alternative ways to complete projects that will benefit the case/client.
• A background in healthcare regulation, business consulting, finance, economics or accounting is a plus.
How to Apply
Resumes should be accompanied by unofficial law school transcript and a recent writing sample (10 pages max). Please include a cover page with your writing sample that describes the piece you are submitting and how you may have modified it from its original format.
We are not accepting third party submissions.
Squire Patton Boggs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.
Job Ref: WPB2085