American Tower Paralegal in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Paralegal provides legal and administrative support tothe Company’s U.S. Tower Legal Operations team, with specific emphasis on regulatorycompliance programs, real estate-based contracts, administrative matters, and helpingattorneys who handle transactional and compliance matters. The incumbent reviews and analyzes legaldocuments, performs legal research, updates legal databases, and assists withthe department’s day-to-day operations. Theincumbent provides guidance to and collaborates with internal LegalCoordinators and maintains department records and files.
- Assist with intake functions for new legal matters,including assessing the nature of the issue (with supervision), entering matterinformation into databases, coordinating with department attorneys and internalbusiness clients, and tracking matter through resolution.
- Assist with the preparation, execution, and filing of requiredlegal documents and the administration of day to day department activities.
- Draft, under the supervision of Attorneys, template legaldocuments related to acquisitions, leases, and regulatory matters.
- Review and abstract legal documents, create paymentrequests, and follow up to ensure proper integration and payment.
- Conduct legal and factual research and data analyses asdirected and compile data from sources such as electronic digests,encyclopedias, practice manuals, and/or other sources.
- Draft letters and other correspondence having a legal effectrelated to transactional and regulatory compliance matters.
- Maintain and update files in the department’s mattermanagement and project tracking databases.
- Maintain legal files and system of preservation for all originallegal documents, including scanning and indexing for electronic records anddatabase.
- Assist and collaborate with outside counsel to resolveday-to-day issues in connection with pending litigation and other projects forwhich outside counsel is retained.
- Assist with due diligence fact-finding related to discoveryissues and other matters, including gathering facts and documentation frompersonnel in other departments.
- Provide support for Attorneys, including performingadministrative tasks related to tracking site issues, creating files, scanningdocuments, and mailing and faxing documents.
- Notarize and/or witness documents executed on behalf ofAmerican Tower.
Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including theability to communicate effectively with internal customers and colleagues
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multipletasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of dutiesand functions in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to completetasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resourcesand knowledge to identify high quality solutions
- Strong ability to follow up on pending items, track projectprogress, and stay current on project status and milestones
- Strong attention to detail in the review, processing, anddrafting of department documents; ability to utilize detail and depth of legalunderstanding to conduct, gather, and present research materials
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel andWord, and familiarity with Access database
- Proficient with Westlaw and ability to utilize the system toperform in-depth case law and statutory database research
- Incumbent must be flexible, able to adjust to shifts in accordancewith department priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate, or relatedexperience required
- Notary Public in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts requiredwithin 90 days of hire or transfer into the position
- Between 1–3 years of relevant experience required; corporatelaw or law firm experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of basic real estate principles and basic documentdrafting preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal officeenvironment working under normal office conditions. Less that 5% travel may be required insupport of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel andhandle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, theemployee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight orexert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Job: Paralegal UST
Requisition ID: 18000044